Saturday, February 1, 2014

St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur...

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite days of the year! Yeah...I usually try to do something kind of fun and "romantic" for me and hubs...but, really, I just like the party aspect of the whole thing! I mean, it's nice to have Hubs around and all but I get such a kick from sending my friends a valentine or putting together some little fun gift or favor or throwing a Valentine themed get together!
I decided to host a little dinner party for some of my girlfriends. They are much more excited and impressed with my decor than Hubs is! He just doesn't get into heart shaped paper chains or lacey tablecloths or red ribbons. Go figure!
Over the Holidays my daughter served a delicious sparkling beverage. She kindly gave me the recipe and I thought it would be perfect for my all-girl get together! I had never tasted St. Germain Liqueur. Actually, I'd never even heard of it! So, let me just tell you, it. is. amazing! I'm imagining all the yummy concoctions I can come up with using it. I can't decide if it's a girlie drink or not. I can say it would be perfect for any kind of shower, birthday celebration or summer patio party. It was also perfectly acceptable on Christmas Day! I think what I'm saying is that you really can't go wrong with it!
This recipe also calls for another one of my favorites. Prosecco! I've never met a Prosecco I didn't like. Bubbly and light and fruity and less expensive than champagne. Nothing wrong with that.



Elderflower Spritzer (I just made up that name...for lack of anything better)

2 cups of grapefruit juice (I opted for pink grapefruit juice for my Valentine shindig)
1 cup of St. Germain
1 bottle of Prosecco
That's it! Just pour all the ingredients into a pretty pitcher and voila!


It was a big hit and didn't last all that long!

Another reason I like hosting a dinner party is that I know what ingredients are being used! I made a simple meal so I would have plenty of time to hang with the girls and visit. I decided to make beef stew and use our amazing local grass-fed beef!


Lean and lovely chunks of antibiotic and hormone free all grass-fed beef. From happy, healthy cows! I used all organic veggies and broth and made a hearty healthy stew. I simmered it for 5 hours and it was melt in your mouth delish.

Bonus...I got to plan a party!



I wanted a little Valentine favor for my friends to take home...



I knew my homemade jam would come in handy this winter! The raspberries and peppers were from my favorite local farmer! And...they were organic! See...you can eat healthy, make yummy food and still have fun parties! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment