Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Got Goat Milk?

Several years ago as I was wandering the large and eclectic downtown farmer's market I was lucky enough to stumble across a tent selling goat milk soap. I had seen other hand crafted soap booths along the way but was drawn to the large size of these soap bars. I wanted to take a closer look.
Inside the booth was a friendly local family that raises a herd of goats. They were down to earth and knowledgeable about their soap and explained how they make it. They also talked about the benefits of using this lovely pure soap and what ingredients they use. There were too many varieties and fragrances to count and each smelled equally delicious!
The family makes this high butter fat goat milk from their Nigerian Dwarf and Sweet Oberhasli breeds.
Each year I pick up several bars when I shop the farmer's market. I end up having to order more during the winter and until the next summer when the market opens again. The fragrances are divine. I recently restocked my apothecary jar with lime sugar, blueberry oatmeal, green tea, coconut cream, etc. I really don't have a favorite as they are all amazing.
I have now been using this soap exclusively for about 4 years on body and face. Before I had dry, sensitive, itchy skin and struggled finding soaps that would work for me. I love the look and feel of these chunky bars and they are quite long lasting. The nice lady that makes them also has some adorable molds. I once ordered a herd of little lambie soaps and gave them as favors at a baby shower. They also sell unscented bars for children.


These are the lovely, chunky bars. No weird or artificial stuff inside these guys!


I keep them in a glass jar in my bathroom.


The soap maker usually adds some fun shaped samples when sending your package of soaps. This gnome's scent is "dragon's blood"...not sure what that is exactly, but he sure smelled nice!

Just because I love this soap so much I am giving you the website!

www.creamerycreek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment